Friday, October 25, 2013

Update for week ending October 25, 2013

It's Friday and it's also cold here in Atlanta!! My little heater is working overtime. Brrrr.....

As usual, busy week. A good one, in fact the Ti team at the main office are plotting and planning for 2014 so look for more good stuff in the new year!

Just in case you missed some of the Ti briefings this week, a nice overview of the Annual 3PL study that was presented at CSCMP is available here.

Also, I did a couple of briefings on same day delivery (here) and how Thailand is investing to become a major logistics hub (here).

We're in the midst of earnings season and today's Ti briefing is on Panalpina (here). Today UPS reports earnings so I will be following that development and will report on findings for our Monday e-newsletter.

For the blog, I plan to look at the McKesson acquisition of Europe's Celesio. I also plan to review the Class I railroad earnings now that they have reported. Look for these postings next week.

Other than that, Global Express/Small Parcel report continues - I'm currently reviewing market sizing to make sure it's ok plus the quarterly Logistics Monitors are in progress - those will be ready for publication next week.

Have a great day and week ahead and thanks for reading!!

Cathy