Friday, December 27, 2013

Update for week ending Dec. 27

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday break! Ours was nice and quiet. It was just the three of us plus the two cats this year. We spent Christmas eve helping out at the Georgia Aquarium.

Not much else went on this week. I finished up the top 10 Ti briefs article which will be published next Thursday. This weekend I'll work on the Ti APAC brief which will be published next Friday. I'm thinking it may be on Paypal's new logistics offering.

Did you notice the latest blog post? I decided to post my top 10 posts for 2013. Some of them were kind of surprising while others were not. Thank you very much for taking time to read the blog this year - much appreciated!

I've got the Same Day Delivery survey up and running and would appreciate folks taking the survey as well as help spread the word. I'm not going through the traditional Ti route but rather depending on social media to help me spread the survey. To take the survey just click here.

It looks like next week will be back to normal for me. Busy. I'll be finishing off a white paper for a company, working on a condensed GLM and NA LM and reworking market size numbers for the Global Express report. Plus I'm helping out a couple of old friends on some projects. Speaking of friends, a special shout out to Splash Media. Thank you for the wonderful Christmas card!! It really made my day.

Finally, I'm sure by now everyone has read about how FedEx and UPS was not able to deliver all their packages in time for Christmas. I'm not sure what happened. There were warnings from both companies prior to the holiday season that it would be a challenging season. However, both said they were ready for it. Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out. I'm sure changes are already planned. Did you see Amazon's statement? They are refunding shipping charges and handing out $20 gift cards. They also are reviewing their list of delivery companies. Will they finally launch their own delivery division????

Chris and I are heading to the mountains today. Hoping to get a hike in tomorrow before the rains come again.

Have a great week and thank you again for taking the time to read the blog!!

Cathy