Friday, December 13, 2013

Update for the week ending December 13

Ok, after going back and forth with friends, family and colleagues, I decided to keep the blog going. I was concerned about a couple of things mainly the fact that Ti plans to update and relaunch its blog as well as what is looking like less and less time for me to devote to this site.

I have found out what some of the tentative plans are for the Ti blog and if approved it will be a wonderful addition to our Ti site and I will not be conflicting with it. I'll keep you posted on their progress and as soon as it is up and running, I will send out the link to it.

As for time to devote to the blog. Yeah, well, I'm just going to have to plan my days a bit better. I must admit, I've really enjoyed writing this blog and the thought of closing it made me really sad.
I did get approval and encouragement to share some of my Ti writings here on the blog so it will now be a mix between new content and Ti content.

This week has been another super busy one - projects and briefs, and both while trying to recover from jet lag and a stomach virus.

I worked on two briefs: GCC members to solve cross-border issues by creating logistics and one on the discussions between Hapag-Lloyd and CSAV concerning a possible merger. That one is posted on the blog for your reading pleasure.

Thomas Cullen was very kind to take care of the APAC brief for me this week and he wrote on Alibaba's alliance with Haier. That brief is available here. I plan to do a bit more research on this topic for both my curiosity and for our updated 2014 APAC Ecommerce report.

It's been interesting reading the news stories this week about drones, catapults and other same day delivery alternatives. I'm working on gathering up as many of these solutions to compare and contrast. If you have any you'd like to share, please send my way.

Before I forget, happy news, the Global Logistics Monitor will be coming back but with a slightly different look, name and in a shorten version. Folks that subscribe to our Portal and Dashboard services, will be able to view these via the Dashboard main page and they will focus on highlighting our many charts we cover.

Next week will be one for more project work. As for briefs, I plan to write on Home Depot's focus on supply chain/same day delivery news for the Americas brief. I'm not sure yet as for the Middle East/Africa and the APAC briefs.

That's about it from here. I'm heading back to Alabama this afternoon. We have a Christmas party to attend this evening and then tomorrow my plan is to sleep in, relax and enjoy the outdoors!

Thank you so much for your support. Have a great weekend!!

Cathy